I hike because…
– it’s my workout. Don’t need a gym when God has provided a vast area of beautiful terrain with steep climbs.
– it’s my time away from the busyness of everyday routine, crowded streets and technology ringing in my ears. (iPhone has a great do not disturb feature)
– it’s the best stress reliever and therapy and it’s free.
– it’s my time to talk to God and then listen.
– it gives me a glimpse of the Greatest artist who’s masterpiece compares to no other.
– it’s where I make my best decisions without the distractions of others opinions. (Remember, opinions are like armpits, everyone has them and they sometimes stink)
– it’s where I find community as I meet other hikers from different backgrounds and cultures.
I hike because…it’s where I hear God calling me to go.
Why do you hike?