Hiking trails like the AT are marked with white blaze marks, white paint on trees guiding hikers and backpackers along the way. Miss a blaze mark and you can find yourself off the trail and possibly lost.
Recently I’ve taken time to think about and write out key blaze marks for my life. These blaze marks will keep me focused on my hike through life to maintain happiness and peace. If I take my focus off of them I could find myself wandering off the trail God intends for me to stay focused on.
The first blaze mark is the most important. It’s the brightest one and stands out the most above all the others and is at the head of the trail.
– Jesus IS my King and Savior.
As I journey on my hike through life the following blaze marks keep me focused and on the right trail going in the right direction. These are my blaze markers to happiness.
– Thank God everyday
– Think positive and remove the negative
– Set Goals and achieve them but consult God first on my goals.
– Accept responsibility
– It won’t always be easy
– It will take time
– Don’t be afraid to ask for help
– Work hard at changing the things in my life I can and stop worrying about the things I can’t.
– Don’t be afraid to take risks
– Not everyone will support me, but focus on the ones that do.
– Remove the old negative labels tattooed on my soul and replace them with the one label that matters…Hello, my name is child of the One True King.
Remember, life is one long hiking trip. We can choose to follow trail signs and blaze markers set out by our hiking guide, Jesus. Or we can make our own trail, wandering blindly through the wilderness getting lost and running into danger along the way.