Breakfast Mountain Pie
- 2 slices Bacon
- 1 Egg
- 2 slices Bread
- Pam Non-Stick Spray
- Spray your pie iron with Pam or non-stick spray, then cut your bacon strips in half and lay them in the pie iron.
- Set 1 slice of bread on top of the bacon.
- Gently pat down the bread.
- Crack egg onto the bread.
- Lay cheese over top and cover with the other slice of bread.
- Close and cook slowly.
- When the bacon is cooked, the egg inside will be cooked.
Mountain Pie Burrito
- Prepared Taco Meat
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Burrito Size Tortillas
- Optional: Grilled Onions, Bell Peppers
- At home:
- Prepare taco meat.
- Put in zip-lock bags and place in cooler.
- You can also sauté some onions and bell peppers and put in zip-lock bags too.
- At camp:
- Place a large tortilla on the pie iron.
- The tortilla will cover both sides of the open pie iron.
- You will place your ingredients on one side only!
- Fill with 2 tbs. of taco meat, a spoon of salsa, cheddar cheese and a few onions and peppers.
- Don’t fill too full!
- Fold the burrito in half and fold in the edges to make a square packet.
- Close the pie iron and cook for about 3 minutes on each side.
- Check to make sure you don’t burn it!
- When the tortilla is golden brown it’s done.
- You can spice it up with hot salsa if you like.